Friday, April 15, 2011

Interval Cardio

Today I checked my resting heart rate for the first time since early February. My resting heart rate, at the time, was 75 bpm which I read was "below average". This morning I checked and it was at 66 which is "above average".

Now, after today's interval session, the data, from what I gathered says alot about how much my cardiovascular fitness has improved. I followed the same protocol-alternating between levels 6/7 with the highest level possible on the stepmill (level 20) and yet, unlike many (if not ALL) previous sessions...I stayed in zone 3. Now, it's almost evenly split between zones 2 and 3.

and lastly, it was harder to get to 90% of my MHR and for the first time, I failed to reach such levels performing interval cardio.

Tomorrow will be a COMPLETE rest day.

Previous...

Duration: 30:32
Calories: 410
Average Heart Rate: 154 bpm (81% MHR)
Maximum Heart Rate: 174 bpm (92% MHR)
Fat Percentage of Calories: 12%

Tonight...

Duration: 30:15
Calories: 367
Average Heart Rate: 142 bpm (75% MHR)
Maximum Heart Rate: 167 bpm (88% MHR)
Fat Percentage of Calories: 16%



No comments:

Post a Comment