Saturday, April 9, 2011

A-4-Delts and Triceps (1)

Two of my favorite body parts to train-Delts and Triceps! Overall, a very good workout at one of jerseys' foremost and renowned bodybuilding gyms, Strong and Shapely! I've heard of this place-sure- and after leaving here, I asked myself, why haven't I trained here sooner. Anyway, I was also here for All Natural Options First Annual Natural Muscle Meet & Train. Terrific group of guys with a great passion for bodybuilding. It was great to be around that kind of energy as it certainly motivated myself and others DURING our respective workouts!

And lastly, I was able to meet-Mr. Team Franco Bodybuilding himself-Joe Franco! A posing clinic followed soon thereafter...AFTER I downed me some All in 1 and All Day Whey post-workout. It was a great posing class and only motivated me more and more. Great meeting you, Joe!

So, with that, I am spent. Tomorrow's going to be a COMPLETE rest day.

Today's Workout...

Duration: 1:04:58
Calories: 391
Average Heart Rate: 111 bpm (58% MHR)
Maximum Heart Rate: 155 bpm (71% MHR)
Fat Percentage of Calories: 40%


Seated Barbell Press
2 Warms
95 lbs. x 8 Reps.
115 lbs. x 8 Reps.
135 lbs. x 8 Reps.
145 lbs. x 7 Reps.

New exercise. This is, yet another exercise, that I hardly performed, if at all. I'm excited because I'm over my allergies to barbells and this is definitely an exercise that'll blast and grow my delts. 135-145 lbs. is my range I'll build from moving forward.

Seated Side Lateral Raises
1 warm
30 lbs. x 10 Reps.
25 lbs. x 10 Reps.
25 lbs. x 10 Reps._DROP_20 lbs. x 12 Reps.

Gotta love the angles and perspective you get at Strong and Shapelys dumbbell area. Mirrors in front of you AND above you-at a slant angle. Anyway, I went a little too heavy to start with the 30 lb. dumbbells. 25 lbs. is the weight I need to be at and build on from there.
255 lbs. x 8 Reps.

Front Raise
1 warm
20 lbs. x 10 Reps.
15 lbs. x 12 Reps.
15 lbs. x 12 Reps.

I discovered a new toy to try at Strong and Shapely. I noticed these dumbbells that were triangular shaped that I HAVE NEVER seen before. Curious, I decided to use these for my front raise work. (After all, when's the next time I'm going to be here?) BiStar dumbbells is what they're called and they're great. 20-25 lbs., I think, is my baseline for regular dumbbells.

Tricepe Pressdown-Straight Bar
2 Warms
60 lbs. x 10 Reps.
70 lbs. x 10 Reps.
80 lbs. x 10 Reps.

Dumbbell Extension
1 Warm
22.5 lbs. x 10 Reps.
22.5 lbs. x 10 Reps.
22.5 lbs. x 12 Reps.

I performed this unilaterally. 1 dumbbell per arm. Seated. Not sure if this was what I was supposed to do.

1 Arm-Underhand Press
1 Warm
40 lbs. x 12 Reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment