Sunday, September 18, 2011

A-1-Quads & Calves (3)

Yesterday morning's leg workout wasn't as good as the previous leg workout.

While I worked at a comparable pace as last time, I struggled and didn't quite feel as focused and strong. I went lighter with the leg extensions and the single calf raises.

The front squats is what I struggled with the most.

Lifts/Sets of Note:

With the front squat, I led off with heavier weight through the warm-ups and the working sets. I also did 1 extra warm up set (3) as opposed to the two warm up sets prescribed. I felt I needed it.

I struggled mightily as I had to let the bar roll off my shoulders and crash onto the safety pins twice during this workout.

My goal was to get to 225 lbs. for reps by my final working set BUT when moving the bar off the rack for my third working set, I struggled to balance it and felt something at the top of my knee as I stabilized the weight before doing my first rep.

I could only get 6 reps before I let it roll off. After I did some body weight squats between sets, I felt some pressure/tightening at a half squat position on my right knee. As I didn't want to risk performing the front squat with my right knee the way it was, I decided to move onto the next exercise. While not painful, it is a little uncomfortable and I am wondering whether I should lay off the squats till it feels better?

The numbers for the remainder of the workout remain the same except for the two exercises I mentioned above.

Previous Workout:

Duration: 58:26
Calories: 616
Average Heart Rate: 132 bpm (70% MHR)
Maximum Heart Rate: 165 bpm (87% MHR)
Fat Percentage of Calories: 22%

Today's Workout...

Duration: 58:15
Calories: 466
Average Heart Rate: 117 bpm (62% MHR)
Maximum Heart Rate: 159 bpm (84% MHR)
Fat Percentage of Calories: 32%


Leg Extensions
2 warms
215 lbs. x 10 reps.
215 lbs. x 10 reps.

Front Squat
2 warms
185 lbs. x 8 reps.
205 lbs. x 8 reps.
215 lbs. x 8 reps.

Sumo Squat
120 lbs. x 10 reps.
120 lbs. x 10 reps.
120 lbs. x 10 reps.

Split Squat
55 lbs. x 12 reps.
55 lbs. x 12 reps.
55 lbs. x 12 reps.

High-Rep Seated Calf Raises
50 lbs. x 20 reps.
50 lbs. x 18 reps.
50 lbs. x 18 reps.
50 lbs. x 18 reps.
50 lbs. x 18 reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment