Sunday, December 5, 2010

Routine A-Day 3-Back and Shoulders (3)

I had a busy day ahead of me today so had to get it in early on a Sunday morning. This coming off of a night at a holiday party. December is such a grind with all these celebrations. The workouts have been consistent but my nutrition needs tightening up. It really boils down to planning. At any rate, this is how this mornings' workout went down.

Gym: New York Sports Club; Somerset, NJ

Underhand Lat Pulldown
3 warms
170 lbs. x 6 reps.
170 lbs. x 6 reps.
170 lbs. x 6 reps.

I got an extra rep in on my last working set here. I stayed at 170 lbs. on each working set.

T-Bar Row
2 warms
155 lbs. x 10 reps
155 lbs. x 10 reps.
165 lbs. x 10 reps.

Increased weight for each working set versus last weeks' poundages. It felt right. I banged it out.

Dumbbell Deads
1 warm
65 lbs. x 10 reps.
65 lbs. x 10 reps.

With my lower back stiffening here last week at 70 lbs. I went with 65 lbs. for both working sets. It was challenging...as it always has been.

Dumbbell Press
2 warms
65 lbs. x 6 reps.
70 lbs. x 6 reps.
70 lbs. x 5 reps.

I went heavier than last week for each working set here. While I performed the same amount of reps for each set, I didn't cheat at the 5th rep on the last rep for the last set. I worked through it.

Front Raise with weight plate/Seated Lateral Raises-Superset
25 lbs. x 12 reps/15 lbs. x 12 reps
25 lbs. x 12 reps/15 lbs. x 12 reps
25 lbs. x 12 reps/15 lbs. x 12 reps

The burn was especially intense today. As per usual, perfect SS to end this workout

Crunch
15 reps.
10 reps.

I cramped up again here. Like the muscle just tensed and tightened up. So, I didn't perform a third set.

Cardio

30 minutes on the Spin Bike.

Great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment