Friday, December 3, 2010

Routine A-Day 2-Chest & Arms (3)

I'm just coming back from a holiday party and just realized I forgot to blog last night's workout. Thought I'd get this done before bed.

Gym: New York Sports Club-Wall Street, New York, NY

Flat Bar Press
3 warms
205 lbs. x 5 reps
205 lbs. x 5 reps
225 lbs. x 5 reps

I got a spot on my last working set. It was good but I wish I had known the young man didn't speak much english. At any case, I was able to focus a little more on the eccentric on the last rep, however, I didn't quite trust the spotter much. (I should) In any case, he may have pulled the weight up sooner than I may have liked on the last rep but again, I got to focus more on the eccentric in a controlled fashion.

Slight Incline Dumbbell Press
1 warm
65 lbs. x 10 reps.
65 lbs. x 10 reps.
65 lbs. x 6 reps_Rest/Pause_2 Reps_Rest/Pause_2 Reps

As I mentiond last week, I was going to try 65 lbs. for all my working sets this week as opposed to pyramiding up from 60-65-70. As it turns out, I failed at 6 reps. again but at 65 lbs. I finished the last set by resting and pausing for a bit. I'll probably stay at 60 lbs. for all working sets next time.

Incline Dumbbell Flye
1 warm
45 lbs. x 12 reps
45 lbs. x 12 reps

As the previous two workouts, the poundages were just about right.

Cable Curl (Curl Bar)
1 warm
90 lbs. x 12 reps
90 lbs. x 12 reps

I went ten lbs. lighter than last week but got in two more reps for each working set and controlled the weight better.


Rope Pressdown
2 warms
60 lbs. x 10 reps
60 lbs. x 6 reps_DROP_45 lbs x 2 reps_DROP_40 lbs x 2 reps

I don't know what happened at the last working set. I trained at the same gym but different location. It was a different kind of pulley station and a longer rope. Not sure if that's what contributed to my failing at the last working set. So, I dropped.

Hammer Curl & Dip Superset
30 lbs. x 12/7 dips-unassisted
30 lbs. x 12/7 dips-unassisted
30 lbs. x 12/6 dips-unassisted

Tucked my chin in and leaned forward ever so slightly and got in two more reps at two of my working supersets for the dips. 6 for the last round of supersets.


Steady State Cardio on...


15 minutes on the treadmill; incline walking
15 minutes on the Stepmill.

Still coming away sore after workouts. That's when you know you're going to grow. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment