Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Routine A-Day 3-Back & Shoulders (2)

Back and shoulders. My favorite body parts to train!

Underhand Lat Pulldown
3 warms
150 lbs. x 6 reps.
170 lbs. x 6 reps.
170 lbs. x 5 reps.

I went lighter than I did than last week. So, I had more control, a better contraction, and an extra rep at each working set. I'll take it.

T-Bar Row
2 warms
145 lbs. x 10 reps
145 lbs. x 10 reps.
155 lbs. x 10 reps.

I went heavier here and it felt right. Intense and challenging without compromising form.

Dumbbell Deads
1 warm
70 lbs. x 10 reps.
70 lbs. x 10 reps.

I felt my lower back stiffening here. At this juncture, following T-Bar Rows, like last week...I'm taxed. I like the sequence. These two exercises back to back is a challenge.

Dumbbell Press
2 warms
60 lbs. x 6 reps.
65 lbs. x 6 reps.
70 lbs. x 5 reps.

I pyramid'd up here. For my last working set, I cheated out the 5th rep. I began to arch my back here in that last rep.

Front Raise/Seated Lateral Raises-Superset
15 lbs. x 12 reps/15 lbs. x 12 reps
15 lbs. x 12 reps/15 lbs. x 10 reps
15 lbs. x 12 reps/15 lbs. x 12 reps

Good burn here.

Cardio

15 minutes on the stepmill
15 minutes on the spin bike


I forgot to do my ab exercise so I did it after cardio.

I did two sets of crunches and I felt my stomach cramp up and tighten so I cut it short. Suffice to say, I haven't done a crunch in quite some time.

Day off tomorrow to rest and recover!

Interval cardio tomorrow though. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment