Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Routine A-Day 2-Chest & Arms

I haven't worked out my chest directly since I left for vacation on November 4. Fearing that my strength may have dipped, I approached today's workout with caution ESPECIALLY because I have not performed a barbell press in well...I can't remember.

Flat Bar Press
3 warms x 135 lbs.
185 lbs. x 5 reps
185 lbs. x 5 reps
205 lbs. x 5 reps

Initially, the movement did feel foreign to me but as I went along, I felt better about it. There was no spotter to recruit in a timely manner so I selected weight that I could move in a controlled fashion without assistance. Having said that, I feel I could have lifted for 2 to 3 more reps with a spot or maybe even-without, but I'll leave that to the next time I work out chest.

Slight Incline Dumbbell Press
1 warm
60 lbs. x 10 reps.
60 lbs. x 10 reps.
60 lbs. x 8 reps.

I failed 2 reps shy of 10 at my last set for whatever reason. will shoot for 65 lbs. next time OR remain at 60 lbs. till 10 reps comes easy.

Incline Dumbbell Flye
1 warm
40 lbs. x 10 reps
40 lbs. x 12 reps

Definitely go heavier next time. 45 lbs or 50 lbs.

Cable Curl
1 warm
100 lbs. x 10 reps
100 lbs. x 10 reps

Rope Pressdown
2 warms
5o lbs. x 10 reps
50 lbs. x 4-Pause/Drop, 40 lbs. x 6 reps

I can always count on the rope pressdown to really challenge my triceps. At the end of the movement, I spread the rope apart. May need to go lighter next time around.

Hammer Curl & Dip Superset
30 lbs. x 12/5 dips-unassisted
30 lbs. x 12/5 dips-unassisted
30 lbs. x 12/6 dips-unassisted

Bodyweight exercises is an issue with me. Pullups and Dips. The superset into dips was difficult. Again, can only get better beyond this. Overall, a great workout. Challenging and time efficient.

Steady State Cardio followed soon thereafter...

30 minutes on the stepmill.

first time doing cardio in quite some time and i hated it!

While doing it, I tried not to let thoughts of how long it'll take for me to see out my goal of building the best version of myself and how disappointed I am in how I've yo-yo'd over the years. Immediate gratification plagues many and I'm trying not to let the urge make me feel defeated over how long I need (realistically and safely) to shed weight. This isn't immediate but a journey. The difference now?

A plan and a support group.

Let's get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment